- (06/12) View Layer - Getting count of Entities in View in Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3
- (05/23) Changing URL in beforeRedirect() in Component - Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3Web Programming
- (01/28) Foundation CSS Framework ResourcesTAGS:FoundationCss
- (01/27) Change View File from Controller in CakePHP 3TAGS:CakephpCake3UsageWeb Programming
- (01/13) Loading Model/Table Anywhere in Cake3TAGS:Cake3Cakephp
- (10/06) CURL PHP 5.5 Issue on Windows (Using Twilio SDK)
Subscribe to my feed
Web Designer Resources
This is a collection of resources I use on a daily basis (or want to use in upcoming projects). I'm always finding out about new resources for web designers, so I decided to start making a list. It's hard to remember everything you hear in your travels...
- Event Bubbling / Preventing Default Behavior Guide - a blog post that covers the topic of event bubbling and propogation.
- Available constants - helpful to know what variables are available from any part of your application
Fonts / Typography / Font-face
- Font Squirrel - this is awesome... free fonts for commercial use! Yes, use these fonts any way you want without guilt or conscience.
- sIFR - never used it, but it's ubiquitous. I will probably start using a js only option below, but this list wouldn't be complete without it.
- Typekit - a way to embed fonts on your site. I haven't checked it out yet, but that's why it's in this list.
Uploading / Large Files / File Manipulation
- SwfUpload - great flash utility that gets around the max_upload_size in PHP. Plus, it's CSS-based and you can integrate it seamlessly into your application.
Neat Tricks and Cool Things (without flash)
- jQuery Maphighlight Plugin - will highlight the "hotspots" on a traditional HTML image map. This adds a bit of flair without the need for flash.
- AjaxLoad - will generate a transparent, web 2.0 certified ajax loader animated gif.
Multilingual Website and Unicode Resources
- Multilingual Website Guide - discusses unicode implementations and pitfalls of different methods. Good background/starting point.
- W3C Header/Charset Guide - the recommended header for multilingual websites (spoiler: Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8)
- Thesis on Curly Quotes - dense and technical. Overview of using curly quotes (smart quotes) in HTML, XML, etc.
Mobile Website Development
- .Mobi Ready - online testing of your webpage to see how .mobi ready it is
- W3C Mobile Best Practices - this is a must read; technology agnostic but some really good UI considerations and some best practices every mobile website should adopt
Search Engine Optimiztion and Marketing
- SEMJ.org - Search Engine Marketing Journal... advanced topics on SEM